Christmas Traditions to Start With Children - Try Scandinavian Potato Sausage

Friday, February 18, 2011

~~*~~

My Mother-in-Law has a wonderful potato sausage made up at a sausage company nearby where she lives. Lucky her! I know of none where I live that would do this for me. She serves this very Scandinavian Sausage with cranberry sauce. Also on her Christmas holiday table are some other wonderfully flavored items. Presulta, which is a recipe for meat loaf essentially. (That recipe is also posted, find it on my article list on this ezine) Presulta is served cold with white vinegar making it 'very' unique. Traditional Swedish Rice Pudding that is served hot. Swedish Corn Pudding, often a children's favorite, mine when I was growing up anyway. Twenty Four Fruit Salad, which I really cannot say how Scandinavian that is but it sure is yummy. She has alternatives to that salad as well, one is called Easy Twenty Four Hour Salad and the other one is called Easier Twenty Four Hour Salad. Too cutie huh?!

Meat Loaf

I grew up with different things and served my children those things but many of those Christmas traditions to start withe children have fallen to the wayside.

EVERY single Christmas Eve of my whole like I have had Oyster Stew. I always made sure my daughters had just a taste as well to continue on with the tradition. There have been many Christmas' since that we have not been together so since they always hated oyster stew that tradition for them is long gone. Oh well, new ones arise for new days and outlooks.

Here is my Mother-in-Laws recipe for Potato Sausage:

USE EQUAL PORTIONS:

Beef
Pork
Potatoes

Have meat ground together at the butchers. season with salt (1 tsp.) per pound of ingredients) add pepper to taste.

Pack in casings. ( Eww, I know, lets just not go there OK?)

Boil 1/2 hour.

If you can't find casings, ( or simply refuse to go there) you can go ahead and make them into patties and fry them over low heat.

Serve this sausage ( or patties for the squeamish ) hot with cranberry sauce. It is the cranberry sauce that makes the difference here so that is a total must!

These dishes mentioned are obviously not just meant for holidays of course so do try Potato Sausage, I think you will love it.

Am I still eating Oyster Stew every Christmas Eve? Yes indeed I am!

~~*~~

Christmas Traditions to Start With Children - Try Scandinavian Potato Sausage

ABOUT Kathy Ostman-Magnusen

I paint and sculpt female fantasy art. I dream of beautiful women on canvas and art of exotic women.

I have illustrated for Hay House Inc.,"Women Who Do Too Much" CARDS, taken from Anne Wilson Schaef's book. I also illustrated for Neil Davidson, who was considered for the Pulitzer Prize in feature writing, and several other publications. My paintings are collected worldwide.

Giclee canvas art work, greeting cards & posters are available for sale on my website:

http://www.kathysart.com

Sign up for my mailing list FREE ART GIFTS: Drawings of whimsical angel pictures, legends of mermaids & fairies in art. Tiny angels & mermaids for shrink art, or coloring pages. Also a "Letter From the Tooth Fairy". Ya just never know when you might need one!

I am represented by Monkdogz Urban Art, New York, NY.

http://www.monkdogz.com

~~*~~

Recommend : breville sk500xl ikon cordless 1.7 liter stainless

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Meat Loaf Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino