Banana Nut Muffins

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

These banana nut muffins are not overly sweet, but are honest and wholesome in that they contain nuts, banana and whole wheat which are obviously good for you.

I often have bananas that have become over-ripe and find myself looking for banana recipes because I just can not throw them away, I'd rather use them and make something delicious to eat. I have recently discovered that I can freeze ripe bananas and use them when I need some which I find incredibly handy.

Banana muffins are always a hit in my home and this muffin recipe is rather delicious. My children enjoy them very much.

Banana Nut Muffin Recipe:
Makes about 12 regular sized muffins

Ingredients:

* 250ml (1c) bran
* 250ml (1c) whole wheat flour
* 5ml (1t) baking powder
* pinch of salt
* 30ml (2T) sugar
* 125ml (1/2c) chopped nuts of your choice
* 2 bananas, mashed
* 250ml (1c) low fat milk
* 1 egg
* 60ml (1/4c) vegetable oil

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degC (350 degF).
2. Put all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and mix until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix.
3. Spoon the mixture into muffin tray and bake for about 25 minutes or until done.

Cook's Notes:
You can use any nuts you wish. I use mixed nuts and to save time, I don't chop them, but put them into a plastic bag and hammer them gently with a meat mallet until they're crushed to my liking.

I do hope you enjoy making this muffin recipe. It honestly couldn't be quicker or easier to make and will make even the most novice of cooks feel like a champion.




Catherine Zehrt is a freelance writer with an interest in healthy eating for the family. For healthy, quick and easy recipes as well as simple guidelines for healthy eating, visit her website Healthy-Family-Eating.com

Recommend : kitchenaid gourmet distinctions 16 1 2 inch anolon advanced 12 inch open round griddle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Meat Loaf Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino