Proof You Could Aim for A Job In Grilling

Thursday, March 24, 2011

I grew up loving food and always wanted to become a chef but did not know how. Living in the country, we were far from any major city or major school. I wanted to attend a culinary school but since we lived in a farming community, money and transportation was little. During my senior year in high school I would work at the local truck stop, serving food to all of the trucks passing through our community. This is where my passion for cooking really took off. I would get many repeat visitors who loved my food and every now and then someone would say something about my food and remembering me from the last time they drove through. This got me thinking that I could really start to make a name for myself and it also motivated me to learn how to really cook.

I would stay home and watch all of the food shows and would teach myself the best ways of cooking specific foods like steaks, ribs and pork chops. I would even venture into experimenting with meat loaf, one of my least favorite foods at the time. I believe I have created the best meat loaf that has won awards where I come from. Meat loaf is one of the easiest foods to cook, but without the proper ingredients it can also be one of the most boring foods to eat. I would rather eat a bowl of vegetables than to eat just plain meat loaf. During this time of experimenting with foods I would begin to try different recipes and figure out what would happen if I mixed certain foods. What would happen if I cooked steak on the stove top, on a grill or in a broiler? I would learn what different ways of cooking foods, really would affect how they tasted in the end.

Meat Loaf

With my curiosity exploding I realized that I could create something that would help me stand out from the masses of other chefs. I wanted to be someone that could create a great tasting dish out of anything, such as meat loaf. I proved to myself that I had what it took when I challenged myself by cooking for my friends and family. Most of family thought I hired someone to cook this amazing meal for us all, but to their shock and awe, it was I that had done the entire meal. From then on I got compliments on most of my dishes and that propelled me to get into culinary school.

Not everything I made was great tasting. There were many failures and many different tests that I did with food. It took a few years before I was really confident in what I could create and now I love cooking and hope to teach my experiences, but successes and failures to other students who are looking at a career in the culinary arts.

Proof You Could Aim for A Job In Grilling

I have some of the best soup recipes and can also love making the best cod recipes when I am bored. Food is my life and I love making it for other people.

My Links : calphalon contemporary nonstick all clad copper core 3 quart saute with lid all clad copper core 14 piece cookware set

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Meat Loaf Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino