Ground Meat Recipes My Family Loves

Monday, April 25, 2011

I am a ground meat lover. I love hamburgers, meatloaves and more. I do rotate between ground beef and ground turkey when I cook as my daughter prefers the poultry over the beef.

While I love to cook, I also like to prepare dinner in under an hour, eat and then have the rest of the evening to do the things I want to do.

Meat Loaf

I'd like to share three ground meat recipes with you, all that my family loves.

I remember having meatloaf as a child. It was one of my least favorite meals. Then about a year ago, my dad was in the hospital and the cafeteria served a turkey meatloaf. It was excellent. I knew I wanted to try and make this at home. What I ended up with was a Parmesan meatloaf that we loved. I do use ground turkey to make this, so it does come out very soft. Here is the ingredient list:

1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 egg, beaten

Set aside 1/4 cup sauce and 1/4 cup cheese. Mix remaining ingredients together and form into loaf. Place into loaf pan and cover with remaining sauce and cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

I make this in just 10 minutes, then bake it for the 45 minutes. This dish is ready in under one hour.

We make our own quick and easy sloppy joes. My kids like ground beef mixed with barbeque sauce and served on a roll. I crumble the meat into a skillet and slow cook the beef. After draining the beef I add the barbeque sauce and simmer for ten minutes. When I make this for myself, I chop up some onion and garlic and saute that right in. We toast the buns, serve with a salad and this is a very quick and easy meal.

I happen to love Mexican food. We make a taco casserole that is very quick to prepare and quite tasty. Here's a list of the ingredients needed:

1 pound ground meat
1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
1 cup Colby cheese, shredded
2 cups crushed tortilla chips
1 cup prepared salsa
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoon chili powder
1 tomato, chopped
1 small can sliced black olives
2 cups shredded lettuce
1/2 avocado, sliced

Brown and drain ground meat. Add in the mayo, salsa, and chili powder. Mix well. Pour half the meat into a casserole dish. Place one cup of the chips on top and half of the two cheeses. Repeat these layers and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Cut into portions. Once on plate, add lettuce, tomato, olives and avocado on top.

We buy the multi packs of ground turkey at Costco. I'm a happy camper to have at least a few meals a week with ground beef/turkey.

Ground Meat Recipes My Family Loves

Audrey's mom always entertained when she was growing up. Audrey learned to prepare for large groups and has often entertained 15-30 people in her home at a time. You can find more great recipes at http://www.recipe-barn.com

Tags : calphalon unison nonstick 8 omelette pan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Meat Loaf Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino